Experience the places, artifacts and activities that authentically represent the stories and people of the past and present Bohinj tourist region.
At the head of Lake Bohinj and next to the famous stone bridge sits the Church of St. John the Baptist, the most prominent church in Bohinj that is over 700 years old. The church is one of the most beautiful examples of the Middle Age architecture and fresco painting in Slovenia. Following the road to Stara Fužina you may opt to go for a stroll in the old village core, past Zois Castle and the remains of the ironworks to Hudičev most Bridge. You may also choose to visit the Alpine Dairy Museum. After lunch, perhaps in the Planšar Restaurant beside the museum where Bohinj specialties are served, the road will lead you on to Studor where you can inspect the famous Bohinj “kozolci” (traditional Slovene hayracks) and the Oplenova House, which is arranged as a museum of living culture.
- Church of St. John the Baptist (6 km from Hotel)
- Church of the Holy Spirit (7,5 km from Hotel)
- Church of St. Nicholas in Bohinjska Bistrica (0,3 km from Hotel)
- Alpine Dairy Farming Museum in Stara Fužina (8 km from Hotel)
- Oplen House in Studor (10 km from Hotel)
- Toplar traditional Hayracks (9,5 km from Hotel)
- A Monument to Four Brave Men (6 km from Hotel)
- Tomaž Godec Museum (0,5 km from Hotel)
- First World War Cemetery in Ukanc (10 km from Hotel)
- Ajdovski Gradec Archaelogical Site (1 km from Hotel)
- Zois Manor with Clock Tower, 1553m high (0,7 km from Hotel)
- Devil's Bridge in Stara Fužina (9 km from Hotel)
- Bohinj Railway and Tunnel (0,3 km from Hotel)
- Pantz Cableway (14 km from Hotel)
Further information, brochures, opening hours info and local guide's contacts are available at Bohinj ECO Hotel reception desk.