Golf is becoming more and more popular with the local population and also the increasing number of tourists who come to Slovenia very much appreciate a good round of golf.
Slovenian golf Courses surrounded by magnificent nature… there are a number of courses, driving range, with fairways close to great scenery such as the beautiful lakes, rivers, forests or the stunning peaks of the Alps, which ranks them among the most beautiful in Europe. By offering golfing lessons or experienced instructors as a challenge makes them perfect for complete beginners, children and experienced players.
Diners CUBO Golf Course Smlednik Ljubljana
Located near Šmarna Gora Hill, next to the local road between Pirniče and Smlednik, Diners CUBO Golf Course is one of the most modern equipped golf course in Slovenia and with its great reputation it has been a star of European Championships and many other prestigious sport and entertainment events. The course is famous for its perfect mix of dynamic fairways, challenging bunkers and large well-kept greens.
Challenging 6,200 m long Par 72 golf course offers everything a golfer may expect:
- Well maintained and fast fairways with an emphasis on large and well-kept greens
- Six par 3 holes, six par 4 holes and six par 5 holes
- Two water hazards located within the boundaries of the course surrounded by forest edges
- Golf Academy with individual lessons, group practice, youth courses, video analysis of the swing, golf club calibration, …
- 3 PGA qualified golf instructors,
- Short game practices with large pitching and chipping greens
- A floodlight 3-hole loop for evening play
- Playing fields, however, are broad and widely open, promising an enjoyable game for everyone, beginners included
- The course is equipped with the most modern computer coordinated TORO sprinkler and maintenance system as used on the majority of the best golf courses in the USA
- It is open all year round (not when snowing)
On the premises, it is available a well-equipped Pro shop which offers a wide range of renowned brands with necessary golf equipment: clubs, trolleys, junior equipment, clothing, footwear, gaming and training aids. As well they offer additional services: club fitting, print logo golf balls, golf equipment services, testing golf clubs, gift vouchers, …
Information for golfers:
- Distance from the hotel: 65 km
- Discounted prices on Green fees and packages for guests of Bohinj ECO Hotel
- Tee time reservation at the hotel reception
- Upcoming events and tournaments @Diners CUBO Golf Course: https://golf-ljubljana.si/?lang=en
Royal Bled Golf Course
As soon as it opened, connoisseurs declared it to be one of the most beautiful in Europe, as at every step golfers are offered magnificent views of beautiful scenery.
Golf Course Bled is the oldest and largest Slovenian golf course. In 2014, it has been ranked by Golf World Magazine on 49th place of the Top 100 Courses in Continental Europe.
The course, which is set in a necklace of Slovenia's highest mountains, is reminiscent of a park. The King's Course, with 18 holes, and the Lake Course, with 9 holes, offer plenty of opportunities for beginners but also set a challenge for the most advanced players. Golfers walking down a fairway or from one hole to the next through sunny woodlands enjoy the fresh mountain air and marvellous views of the Julian Alps, the Karavanke range, Mount Jelovica and the more distant Kamnik Alps. The overall experience creates an indelible impression on visitors and suffuses them with energy.
Royal Bled golf course offers as well a Golf Pro Shop. There you will find a range of fashion clothes, shoes, equipment and accessories. They offer a wide array of Bled logo items, so you can take home an ideal souvenir for your best Bled golf experience.
Information for golfers:
- Distance from the hotel: 25 km
- Upcoming events and tournaments @Royal Bled: www.golfbled.si/en/golf-course/tournament-list/