Winter sports in Bohinj have a long tradition. Hunters and foresters were the first skiers, since they needed skis to be able to move around and do their work.
In 1908 the first sledging track Belvedere in Bohinjska Bistrica was built. Ski slopes and cross-country skiing trails cover most of the Valley in good winters. Vogel Ski Centre lies above 1,535 m and is famous for great snow conditions and fabulous views of Slovenia. Accompanied by experienced guides, you can enjoy high mountain ski-touring. In long winter evenings you can warm up at rustic stoves of a local inn, in Bohinj ECO Hotel fireplace lobby or enjoy Wellness and Aquapark offers.
- Ski bus, Ski centres, 70 km of ski tracks
- Cross-country skiing, 35 km of cross-country ski trails
- Covered skating rink (0,1 km from Hotel)
- Vogel Ski Centre (1535 m high, 11 km from Hotel)
- Ski, Snowboard, Cross-country rental, schools, instructors
- Snow shoeing, Winter hiking